CAREERS AT MOBI
About Working at Mobi
Mobi works B2B with some of the largest travel, transport and hospitality brands on the planet. We use the scale of our customers to make a difference in the world. We grew the company out of MIT in 2013, and our goal is for each person on the team to have something they do better than anyone else, while also continuously learn from all their peers. Most positions are in-person, based out of our Davis Square office. We also are open to remote positions in Australia or Europe if if you are willing to own some of DevOps in addition to your core role. All roles have positions open for junior, senior, lead and principal / director team depending on your experience.
We recently closed a >20M series A. We are woman-led, and many identities are represented by the current team. Because we’re in the travel space, we encourage everyone on the team to spend a month a year working from anywhere, which we support with a travel stipend. Beyond that, we offer competitive compensation and benefits that are becoming progressively more Scandinavian as we grow.
As an early member of our growing 24/7 Operations team, you’ll work concertedly with product engineering to provide exceptional customer support. You’ll have the opportunity to influence, guide, and shape our customer support team.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have excellent people, organizational, and critical thinking skills. You’ll need to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment. The ideal candidate will:
- Participate in on-call/on-demand application, network, and server support in a 24/7 customer support model
- Have excellent creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years administering multi-tiered, consumer-facing web applications
- 2+ years in cloud engineering and administration with a focus on high availability, release management, production operations and automation
- Fully own production incidents:
- Mitigating and resolving the underlying issue
- Conducting post-mortems to prevent the same issue from occurring again
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Operational knowledge of AWS infrastructure including (but not limited to):
- EKS, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB and Lambda
- Create and support application monitors that are automated, reliable, and can scale with a growing customer base
- Be comfortable with:
CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.)
- Scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Deployment to monitored/supported (production/UAT/Staging) environments
- Monitoring/Logging tools (OpsGenie, Sentry, Datadog, Splunk, etc.)
- Ticketing/Tracking tools (Jira, Zendesk)
I'm Murtagh, hiring manager for the Ops Engineering position here at Mobi - and I'm lucky to be part of a team that is supporting our customers in travel and hospitality. Whether people are researching or "planning the trip" or if they're "in destination", and they're plans suddenly change- Mobi's here for them. I'm excited to be growing our 24X7 Support team!
Are naturally curious
Have a natural desire to help people, with empathy, sprinkled with patience
Put the customer first, always
Are nimble, adaptable, work well under pressure, and can forge ahead
Are analytical, pragmatic, and think outside the box to solve challenges
Have integrity, grit, and decisiveness
Possess all star interpersonal skills
Are resourceful, efficient, and like to solve puzzles
Are well organized
You'll be developing a deep understanding of all of Mobi's services, and helping us to scale our support structure, processes, automations, customer onboarding, and documentation as we add more customers. We'll work together to carve out your longer term goals as you grow with experience and impact on our team. Please take a look at some of the core skills below.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the role you’re applying for in the subject line.